The End of a Rainbow, A Pot of Gold
Profile

i'm a little teapot short and stout.

Tag


Links

Layout: vehemency
Icon: reruntherace

Cass
Charlotte
HuiJun
XinLin

Monday, January 12, 2009, 7:46 PM
release of O lvl results

I had evaded the nightmares of receiving my results disappointed for a long time already and today, I managed to occupy myself with Debussy with some success.


In the hall at 2pm, I was in my own world, where the only sound was the furious pounding of my heart. I could not calm it nor bring myself back to the hall completely. The principal flashed through the slides displaying our record-breaking results; I could not pay attention. Neither could I join in the exuberent cheerings and applause.


"Ok. Index no. 1, come up and get your results"


I was trembling, slightly. Thankfully, I was spared the agony of waiting too long(I was index no. 7). When I received my result slip from Mr Sng, he smiled and said,"Congratulations, you're one of them". I was very uptight and did not really catch it. Without losing another second, I scanned my result slip for my nett and raw score, which Wang Sao said would be there. Imagine my panic when I could not locate it(Of course, it wasnt there).


My trembling intensified. I peeked at my result slip a few more times, unable to believe my luck. When Wang Sao turned to look at me, I was in a state of shock, so I thrust my result slip into her hands. Uncontrollable tears were already streaming down my face. Wang Sao's words assured me that all was not surreal. I could not stop crying. Plentiful emotions in a single moment.


Then I remembered that I had plain forgotten about my parents waiting anxiously at the back, apparently piqued at me for not running to them immediately after getting my result slip. I related everything in a mad rush as my vision blurred and a fresh bout of tears began. Mum broke out into a broad smile and embraced me tightly.


The usual informing of everyone who were concerned about me.


I still cannot believe this!Thanks to the Lord and everyone who's been ever so supportive of me all the way!An impossible wish, realized at last.