The End of a Rainbow, A Pot of Gold
Profile

i'm a little teapot short and stout.

Tag


Links

Layout: vehemency
Icon: reruntherace

Cass
Charlotte
HuiJun
XinLin

Friday, July 23, 2010, 11:02 PM
It's not that bad what! It's because your hands are small!

One of the highlights of today and i actually forgot about it.

After school today, Hug and I met at the music room to try out the Gershwin duo for the first time, as well as dapple a little in our Mozart duo. We had to steal the practice room from Evan, who was thankfully nice enough to loan us the room, at least till Leonard came.

Since i entered RJ last year, i have constantly been amazed at how much better RJ treats their students than Cedar. I mean truthfully, there is no comparison. RJ trumps Cedar. I could not get used to it at first, what with all the quality services and facilities we are provided with and allowed access to. Maybe this is the difference between govt and private schools? Or is it just that RJ has generous donors/sponsors/connections? Anyway, RJ recently bought (i think) 4 new Kawai uprights of a pretty impressive model. Suddenly, there're like 2 pianos everywhere and there're even 3 pianos in one of the practice room-.- All the better for Hug and I i guess :D

As we hit our last chord signalling the end of the Mozart's duo (first part), Evan and Leonard suddenly came bursting in, giving Hug and I a heart attack. Haha they started convincing/forcing us to play for them again by taking our phones ransom (both of us forgot about our phones and were about to leave without them XD) and trying to put my bag up in the ceiling boards where i obviously cannot reach. In the end, Hug and I did play, but of our own assent. It was not our best definitely. I was really nervous, and coupled with the cold, my fingers were super stiff and cold and trembling. But overall i guess it was still passable. Lots of fun definitely. Yay Leonard said our syncopations were perfect! XD

Unfortunately, it was time to leave for our racial harmony drumming thing...