|
The End of a Rainbow, A Pot of Gold
| |
|
Profile
i'm a little teapot short and stout. Tag
Links
Layout: vehemency |
Thursday, May 19, 2016, 4:32 PM
Faith
Learning a new language is so difficult. Not that I didn't already know (having given up twice before), and not like learning anything new is ever easy. But learning a new language, it takes so much patience, determination, and above all, faith; faith that no matter how minimal a progress you're making, you'll eventually be able to master it some day. Yes I'm picking up Behasa Melayu again, since I have time at hand and strict instructions not to go crazy with physical activities. I chanced upon a post shared on Facebook about this person who picked up a new language in a year, just by spending just 5 mins of her time each day while she has her morning coffee. Just 5 mins?? You must be kidding me. However, if you think about it, 5 mins every day for a year, insignificant in the short term but in the long run, every small thing adds up. And no one can say they do not have 5 mins to spare, least of all myself. Last week, I dug up my Learn Malay book which I bought 5 years earlier and have religiously read at least 1 chapter every day. Until..Game of Thrones entered my life and an excuse of a day's rest became 2. Ops. Life is full of temptations, but my faith shall be stronger. Looking back 1 year later, I know I would thank myself for deciding to take this first step, and for keeping at it with undying faith. On a side note, I am recovering well. I feel ever so slightly better every day. Keep the faith :) |