|
The End of a Rainbow, A Pot of Gold
| |
|
Profile
i'm a little teapot short and stout. Tag
Links
Layout: vehemency |
Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 11:13 AM
Father's Day this year was crowded (in a good way) because everyone could make it, and David invited his mum over too. When we were much younger, Father's Day was always celebrated at one of our family's typical favourite restaurants. Later on, we decided to celebrate it at our grandparents' place so that we can celebrate with grandpa too. This year though, because we're including David's mum so we had to celebrate with grandpa separately. I felt really bad because my friends were over that day, and Peng also had a friend's bday celebration to attend so we both couldn't go. Later on, Dad told me that grandpa asked where we all were :(
That was on Sat. On Sun, Dad decided to buy food back to celebrate because he said he didn't want to squeeze with people outside. Not sure if it was also for my sake that we're eating home :X David and Pat went out and bought all the things that Dad has been craving recently. Chilli crab, pepper crab, fried buns, satay, bbq chicken, bbq stingray, mee goreng, hor fun. There was sooo much food!! Everyone was happily eating, Dad most of all. I sat at a corner and ate some fried buns and the fish horfun that David bought specially for me while watching others feast. Since my surgery, Mum had said I shouldn't eat chicken, prawn and crab because they were bad for wound healing. Those were just about everything that was on the table that night. Still, as long as Dad and everyone else was happy.
After dinner, Mum brought out DURIANS! "Oh wait, I'm not sure you can eat durians." ?? Why? "I think better not." So I watched others eat durians.
While they savoured the durians, I went out to prepare the table and took out the tiramisu I made that morning. I wanted it to be a surprise so I made it while Dad and Mum were out for breakfast. Thankfully a tiramisu was quite easy and still within my current limited abilities. Dad and Mum were so happy and surprised when they saw it! Yay mission accomplished. Everyone was so full they asked for a little slice but Dad said it was so yummy so he finished his large slice anyway. Unfortunately, David's mum was allergic to dairy products so she couldn't eat the tiramisu; I had best remember that. All in all, everyone was full to the bursting but very happy. Dad loves to be surrounded by family. |