|
The End of a Rainbow, A Pot of Gold
| |
|
Profile
i'm a little teapot short and stout. Tag
Links
Layout: vehemency |
Friday, June 17, 2016, 12:41 PM
I've been staying home for close to 2 months now. "You must be bored to death staying at home all day!" exclaimed many people. I had actually thought that the days would be long and boring because I wouldn't be working, no exercising, (initially) no baking, no piano, basically nothing of what makes me who I am. Much to my own surprise and others', I am not bored at all. I have always been a very restless person. The last time I was trapped at home after A levels, I fell into depression after just a few weeks while waiting for my job to start.
The initial part after surgery I was forced to sleep because I was simply too tired too do anything else and I needed tons of rest. Nowadays, I'm much better, I'm almost normal except that my back keeps swelling up and I'm slow like an old lady. I've been spending much of everyday reading. I'm at book 6 of the Game of Thrones book series woohoo!
Since I can tolerate standing up for longer periods, I've also started some simple baking for my family breakfast. Waffles, breads, cakes, ice creams. Yum! Finally using these machines that my friends bought me a year ago.
I also planted basil and mint. I thought they wouldn't require any attention but my basil plant kept dying stalk by stalk until there's only 1 stalk left so now I'm keeping a close watch on the soil and water and sun exposure everyday. Please don't die on me!
|