|
The End of a Rainbow, A Pot of Gold
| |
|
Profile
i'm a little teapot short and stout. Tag
Links
Layout: vehemency |
Monday, June 06, 2016, 12:11 AM
Today was a happening day compared to any other day I've been having this past month.
My counsellees came over to my house this morning for a crash course/handover for their final year. I've been (figuratively) sweating buckets worrying about teaching because I'm not good at teaching. And one of my counsellee's a Dean's lister, no stress there. And I must make good of their time on a Sunday morning that they spent travelling to my far-flung house right? It turned out to be quite ok I think. I spoke too fast as usual, stress response. It was quite fun after awhile, reliving all the memories of typing out all the notes that I'm still quite proud of. Teaching is also a satisfying thing, if only I had more gift in it. After 1.5h, my throat actually felt very sore although I was chugging down water at intervals and peeing as much. It lasted about 3.5h. Thought their brains would be fried by then. Mine would be. But I also assured them that it's normal that no one will remember, it's just to introduce the existence of such stuff so it won't be foreign the next time they hear it.
After they left, I hurried to churn my ice cream. I managed to finish churning and throw it into the freezer before my friends arrived, although I know there wouldn't be enough time to freeze. We were celebrating Mag's bday at my house today. So very very nice of them to bring the celebration over to my house because I couldn't join them outside. It was full attendance today, and there were so many amazing dishes compliments of Viddy the chef. We had so much fun eating, talking and then playing Psych. I laughed till my back hurt and they were so kind to notice and suggested moving to the living room so I could lie down while we continued playing. Midway through the game, Lins and SH walked off...and came back with SH's brownie! Lit with candles and with "24" outlined by icing sugar dusted atop. The brownie was delicious, and we had it with my ice cream. Alas it was still a sloppy mess and only the surface was frozen proper. Waste of my strawberry cheesecake ice cream. (I tasted it again at night when it froze. It was super yumz, said my family.) I really enjoy such gatherings where we meet at someone's place and eat homemade food. Especially when it's a big group of people. Home is where everyone can laze around and be very comfortable, and talk to different people as opposed to just the people sitting around you. So tired but so happy. Until my mum took a photo of my wound tonight and it looked the worst it ever did in a month. S***. |