|
The End of a Rainbow, A Pot of Gold
| |
|
Profile
i'm a little teapot short and stout. Tag
Links
Layout: vehemency |
Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 3:21 PM
Herb garden
Ok mine isn't really a herb garden because I only have sweet basil and mint now but that's a start for someone who has killed many pots of herbs. Herbs are the easiest and most satisfying things to plant in SG, so google says, because they're fuss-free and they grow very quickly. My pot of basil started with about 5-6 decent stalks, but they started dying stalk by stalk until it was down to 1 stalk and I decided I had to intervene because Dad was complaining about how I wasn't putting the plant in the right place and that I should stop buying herbs because they always die. Turns out the only thing they lacked was WATER lol I thought the rain would keep them well-watered but nope it wasn't enough. Now, that single stalk is growing beautifully (yay!!) but it is a single stalk. I went to watch videos on how to propagate basil by cuttings and now I have a nice little stalk chilling in the water. Now to wait 7-10 days for the roots to grow out and become long enough, then I can re-pot them. Unless of course, they die :X I also trimmed my mint plant because if you want it to grow orderly and thick you need to keep cutting them, kind of like hair. Now to find recipes to use my mint. Mint ice cream with chocolate chips, watermelon mint salad, fresh mint tea...yummmm |