|
The End of a Rainbow, A Pot of Gold
| |
|
Profile
i'm a little teapot short and stout. Tag
Links
Layout: vehemency |
Monday, August 01, 2016, 1:29 PM
Yesterday was so fun!First thing yesterday morning when I woke, mum and I confirmed the booking to Malaysia's French village for Dad, herself and I. She had been researching for nights on end until I couldn't take it and told her that knowing ALL the pros and cons of every good hotel really isn't going to make our trip that much more spectacular; they're all GOOD and we just needed to choose any one and be done with it. Mum is quite new to booking trips on our own and ever since empowered with the knowledge of how to search for things online, she has been obsessed. Dad and I were so relieved when she finally settled for one of the many good hotels. I would actually really get to travel once more before work starts in Sept! This trip was specially arranged for me, I know. Mum had so wanted to bring me on a short trip overseas before work consumed me, and also because she could feel I was really bored and stifled lying around at home. She wanted to make it exciting for me but also practical (given that I'm less able now than before) and inclusive so Dad would want to go too, so she started searching and searching around for ideas. That was how this French village idea came about. After lunch, Dad suggested going to the beach. "But it's going to rain!" I protested. "We can go rain-watching! There's a bistro there we could sit and have a nice cup of coffee. It'd be great!" Dad was so excited. It sounded quite crazy, but I love crazy, so I said ok. We went to Changi beach and only just managed to make the shelter before the downpour started. The billowing wind went absolutely nuts, and rain was slapping at us at 45 degree angles. The trees were thrashing about crazily, and so was the awning of the bistro. It was quite worrying at one point of time, but Dad was beaming. He ordered a cup of coffee, Mum a pot of Earl Grey, and me a side of nachos to share. The winds died down after awhile so it was just the rain, and I settled down to read my book. I never knew it could be so nice to just sit somewhere chilling with a cup of tea, a good book and a good view. I could do this more often. The rain finally cleared and we went out for a long long walk along Changi beach. The wind was strong and the weather cool. We passed the SAF ferry terminal where NSFs set off for Tekong. Mum asked if Tekong was a holiday island HAHA. We all enjoyed ourselves so much! "Let's come back again the next time it rains." I said. That night, I finished my book Me Before You. It was so gripping I couldn't put it down till I finished. |