|
The End of a Rainbow, A Pot of Gold
| |
|
Profile
i'm a little teapot short and stout. Tag
Links
Layout: vehemency |
Monday, September 09, 2019, 11:54 PM
I finally got down to reorganizing the mess that is our storeroom. Years of forgotten items, unable to throw but not much for using either. Sheila helped as I started picking through things, shelf by shelf. It was funny how you find elaborate gift boxes, open them with anticipation of the bottles of bird's nest or some expensive food, only to find them empty; mother has a knack for hoarding. It was exciting thinking about how I was going to organize and rearrange things. Naturally, frequently used items ought to be easily accessible. I removed my sister's old models and told her that they were occupying prime land, "time to move them to Yishun". After a half day diligently sorting and throwing items, Sheila and I were covered in sweat and grime, our hands black from the dust. I was exhausted but looking around at the once-again spacious storeroom, items where they ought to be categorically, I was proud of our efforts. I feel more at peace now knowing what we have and where to find things. |