|
The End of a Rainbow, A Pot of Gold
| |
|
Profile
i'm a little teapot short and stout. Tag
Links
Layout: vehemency |
Sunday, September 08, 2019, 12:13 PM
I have always felt that my life was a rush. Just like everyone else in the rat race. Slowing down is a conscious effort and needs to be scheduled, moments to reflect. And in these moments, I pick up my journal or in this case, stop by here for some quiet time.I'm on NPL now, almost finishing these 3 months. Before I started, everyone asked what I was going to do during this precious break. "You could be doing so many things!" I thought and thought about all the things I wanted to do. The travel plans have already been fixed, and I thought about the remaining time in Singapore. Fast forward to now, I realised it's not about trying to squeeze as many things to do in these 3 months. My aim for this break was firstly to spend more time with things that mean most to me, my family, and secondly to recoup my health. Then it was to find the optimism and drive for life that I seem to have lost in the last 6 months, the passion that motivated me to do what I do. I was in need of new perspectives. Have I accomplished what I set out to do? Intangible things are difficult to measure, but I would like to think I'm happy with what I've done so far, even if it doesnt sound like much. I'll pen them down closer to the end of my NPL. ========= On a lighter note, WS, Hug, XL and I met up last night for dinner to celebrate Hug's birthday! The last time we met was for WS's bday, so long ago I couldn't even remember. It's a novelty. We went to Coffee Academics and sat there talking for so long that we outstayed our welcome and got chased out. It was quite funny. We kept interrupting the waiters with our random requests, like taking a photo, and "eh make sure it's central, thanks". HAHA. We talked about all sorts of things, intimate or otherwise, and it's really a privilege to be able to share unreservedly about your life and thoughts. Then Henry came to find me but I diverted him away because we started talking about more private relationship matters. Later we invited him back and included him in our discussion about guys and CMB and religion etc. Some quite funny things i remembered.. 1- Hug: Eh what do guys on CMB think about _______ Me: I doubt he knows much since he doesnt get matched to guys LOL 2- Hug asked something about whether there are many bad guys on CMB (something like that I cant remember how she phrased it) Henry: Ya there're def guys who're wolves in sheeps' clothing.. I immediately looked at Henry and mouthed "shibs" and we gave each other a knowing smile. Later on I told him he was a wolf in shib's clothing. We both love shibas and I gave him a shiba inu plushie who's called Shibs. There's never enough time when you're with your old pals. Till next time. |