|
The End of a Rainbow, A Pot of Gold
| |
|
Profile
i'm a little teapot short and stout. Tag
Links
Layout: vehemency |
Wednesday, September 11, 2019, 11:00 PM
Mum was off work today.Dad suggested going to Mt Faber for a walk, something he's been suggesting for awhile. I felt lazy, but days like this don't come by all the time, so I agreed. Sheila came along too. I am very passionate about advocating healthier living for my parents. I'm sure many people are but lately I have been taking a slightly more aggressive stance in reminding them not to eat certain foods, to exercise, to go for their check-ups. As age catches up on those you love, people whom you never thought you'd be able to live without, you start cherishing all these precious moments even more. We ended up walking from Telok Blangah park, past the Henderson wave, to Mt Faber cable car, down the Marang trail, to Harbourfront. The afternoon heat was punishing, so I was surprised when mum and dad spontaneously agreed to continue on from Mt Faber to Harbourfront. Along the way, I took candid photos of them. Moments of them walking holding hands, smiling, relaxed. I wish time would come to a standstill. "Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still." - Dorothea Lange There's not a moment to lose. |